free, accurate and unlimited speech recognition web app powered by Google's Web Speech API
In around 2016, the built-in voice recognition support for Cantonese in both Windows and macOS were not available yet. Even for Mandarin, the quality of recognition in both OS were far below Google. So I created this little webapp, harnessing Google web speech API, to serve my daily voice recognition need.
To speed up the operation, I added auto copy to clipboard and shortcut key feature afterwards. It then became a handy always-on utility on my computer.
Now, in 2022, the built-in voice recognition for both OS are mature enough that I can rely on them over 90% of time. However, the recognition quality of Google is still much better, especially in Cantonese. So I still come back to this tool when the OS fail to recognize those less common phases or slang.
demo 🎬 https://youtu.be/D2NwsPozwFw
- auto copy recognition results to clipboard
- hotkey: space bar to toggle start / stop recognition
- PWA: installable on desktop / mobile like native app
- grant microphone and clipboard permission in Chrome
- space bar: toggle start / stop recognition
- recognition results will be displayed and copied to the clipboard
- UnoCSS: small, fast and flexible tailwindcss alternative that support CDN
It uses Google's
webkitSpeechRecognition api so it only works on Chrome OS / browser.